Access All Areas
We run regular, free clubs for disabled children and their families as part of our Access All Areas project.
Free Super Sunday & Holiday Clubs
Our regular clubs for disabled children and their siblings are fun, creative and completely FREE! Clubs start with a short family quest to get you inspired before you get stuck in to a creative activity, run by our trained, experienced Enablers, who will make sure that the activities are accessible to all. Children with any disability are welcome at any club, except for three sessions which are for children with autism only.
The whole family is welcome and our clubs are not only great fun, but also an opportunity to meet other families, chat and share experiences. Clubs last two hours starting at 10am and involve a mix of play, art activities and gallery exploration.
Oh, and did we mention that they’re FREE!
- Stop Motion: One for budding film makers! Using our iPads or your own iPhone if you prefer, make simple animations inspired by the Eureka! galleries.
- Clay Play: Time to get messy! Learn a variety of basic clay techniques to create your own masterpiece. Aprons provided but suggest you wear clothing that you don’t mind getting dirty 😉
- Treasure Box: Create a personalised keepsake to tell your family story. The treasure box might reflect where you live, your likes and dislikes, memories. We’ll provide materials, but your treasure box will be made extra special if you bring in things from home e.g.broken jewellery, keys, photographs.
- Sculpture: Make sculptures from junk materials with a focus on ‘upcycling’ our trash, creating a masterpiece for you to take home.
- Print-making: Design your own printing block and print onto paper. Then you can frame your masterpiece, use it as the backdrop for a noticeboard or cover your favourite book – it’s up to you!
- Tie-Dye: Create a crazy patterned t-shirt or tote bag – or bring in something from home to dye. Apron’s and gloves provided but wear loose clothing that you don’t mind getting stained.
Clubs in 2018
- Tuesday 7 August – Print making (FULLY BOOKED)
- Tuesday 14 August – Tie-dye (FULLY BOOKED)
- Tuesday 21 August – Treasure Box (FULLY BOOKED)
- Wednesday 29 August – Tie-dye
- Sunday 16 September – Sculpture
- Sunday 14 October – Clay Play
- Sunday 18 November – Print making
- Sunday 9 December – Treasure Box: Autism only
Club places must be booked in advance.
Call 01422 330069 and we’ll take it from there. If you’ve booked for a club but are then unable to attend, please let us know asap as we keep a waiting list so another family might be able to come in your place.
Hearing Impaired visitors can book places by email if you prefer – just email email@example.com
If you would like to attend a club that is fully booked please use the email form to let us know.
On the form please include;
- which club you would like go on the waiting list for
- how many people would be attending if space became available
- your contact details
We will contact you if space becomes available.
This information was taken from https://www.eureka.org.uk/whats-on/access-all-areas/