DBS Umbrella Body
Active Social Care Limited is a registered umbrella body for processing Disclosure & Barring Checks. We provide a fast, efficient, price competitive service. A £10.00 administration fee (plus V.A.T) is charged per disclosure.
The process is as follows:
- Check whether the post being checked is permitted under this scheme. Generally speaking, it should involve regulated activity with children and/ or vulnerable adults.
- The applicant completes the DBS Application Form and brings their ID documents to our office.
- Active check, verify, complete and sign the Application Form and send it to the DBS.
- Applicants can monitor the progress of their check through the DBS’s online tracking service.
- Active can track the progress for you, if you prefer, and advise you when the Disclosure has been posted.
- The DBS process the application and send disclosures to the applicant only.
If required, Active can guide the employer to sources of information that can assist them to make a decision where the disclosure is not clear.
New in 2013
Applicants can subscribe to the DBS Update Service. This means that for £13 per year they can use the same DBS disclosure across all settings requiring the same check level. Applications must be made within 14 days of the DBS certificate issue date, and employers can check online for free.
If you require any further information, please either contact us on 01484 544100 and press option 1 for the HR department or alternatively email email@example.com