Pay and Wages
All Employees have the rights to be paid:
- The National Minimum Wage.
- Equal pay for equal work regardless of protected characteristics or differences.
- The minimum wage from the time your shift starts to the time it ends including travelling time between clients. Please note, on homecare ‘runs’ Active pays the regular hourly rate and mileage for this work.
- Minimum wage from the time the shift starts to the time it ends when undertaking ‘sleeping nights’.
Employees are responsible for:
- Signing the accurate time they arrive on shift, as they arrive, and the time they leave, as they leave on the client’s Record of Visit. If the time worked is different to the scheduled time, please inform the office so your payroll information can be updated and the client’s invoice adjusted accordingly.
- For staff using the electronic call monitoring system, ensure you login at the start and end time of each shift (as close to start and end time as possible). Failure to login correctly affects invoicing and pay.
- Informing the office if you are going to be more than 10 minutes late, so that we can let the client know.
- Informing the office if your client asks you to arrive late to a shift/leave early.
- Arriving on shift fit to work e.g. not too tired, hungover or intoxicated with drink or drugs. We reserve the right to exercise our duty of care if we feel that you may not be able to undertake your duties in a safe manner, or may pose a safety risk to others and send you away for the remainder of the day without pay. Dependant on the circumstances, you may be liable to disciplinary action.
Cancellation of shifts
- If clients cancel shifts with less than 24hrs notice staff will usually be reallocated other work.
- If no other work is available, payment will be made for the cancelled shift.
- If you do not accept the alternative work no payment will be made.
- If the client rings you direct to cancel a shift, you must inform the office/ On Call Phone to make them aware of the cancellation. Failure to do so will result in non-payment for the shift.
Use to answer question 1.2a of the Care Certificate