Reducing the Likelihood of Discrimination
Examples of practices that support equality and inclusion reduce the likelihood of discrimination
You can reduce the chances of discrimination happening by working in ways that promote equality, diversity and inclusion. For example:
- Respect diversity by providing person centred care
- Treat the individuals you support as unique rather than treating all individuals in the same way
- Ensure you work in a non-judgemental way. Do not allow judgemental beliefs to effect the care and support you provide
- Follow the agreed ways of working in your workplace to create an environment that is free from discrimination
- Work in an inclusive way that sees the positive input that all individuals can make to society and to their own care
- Be confident to challenge or confront discriminatory practice if you see this is in your workplace.
How do the above practices reduce the likelihood of discrimination
Practices that support equality and inclusion reduce the likelihood of discrimination by using an enabling approach together with a positive attitude and commitment.
Use to answer question 4.1c of the Care Certificate