It is the responsibility of employees to:
- Follow the agreed ways of working as set out in the Person Centred Support Plan to promote safety during the handling of loads.
- Take reasonable care for their own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by their activities.
- Make full and proper use of appropriate equipment provided for them, in association with their training and/or instructions.
- Inform their line manager immediately a problem arises involving the manual handling of a load. They can the re-assess the moving and handling plan.
- Inform their line manger immediately if they have any physical condition that might affect their ability to undertake manual handling operations safely.
- Ensure that they report any accidental injury they receive resulting from manual handling operations to their line manager so that it can be recorded in the accident book.
- Advise their General Practitioner of any adverse health or medical condition that arises involving the manual handling of a load.