Accountability means you are liable for your actions, therefore you must be able to answer for your actions.
Your contract of employment also states you are accountable to; clients, managers, colleagues, employer, the general public, regulatory bodies.
Moral Accountability – You are expected to treat people equally and with respect and dignity.
Legal Accountability – Accountability for our professional responsibilities e.g. handling medication
You are accountable for:
- Only working within your competencies
- Acknowledging your limitations
- Keeping knowledge and skills up to date
- Reporting any concerns
- Working in line with organisational policies
- Following approved procedures