Aims of Active’s Medication Policy
To optimise the benefits of taking medication on a person’s health and wellbeing.
The aim is achieved by:
- Working in accordance with legislative, regulatory, contractual requirements and best practice guidelines.
- Understanding how people experience their medication their medication and providing a personalised approach.
- Working in partnership with the prescriber, dispenser (pharmacist) and health care professionals to provide a ‘joined’ up affective service to the client for the client.
- Effective, thorough recording of all medication related tasks.
- Enabling clients to maximise their independence with medication and where intervention is required ensuring this is at the minimum level required to manage the risks identified by the assessment process.
- Ensuring consent is obtained to assist someone with medication on every occasion.