Consequences of Not Following Agreed Ways of Working
Consequences can effect:
- The Client – Service users could be put at risk from unsafe practice resulting in harm or even death.
- The Organisation – Not adhering to agreed ways of working will also have an impact on the overall standards of your work place, leading to complaints from service users/their families or poor outcomes from external inspections
- The Care/ Support Worker – Sanctions against you could include:
- Disciplinary actions
- Criminal prosecution and if found guilty fines or imprisonment
- Deregistration if in a professional role