Information and Advice about Roles and Responsibilities in Preventing and Protecting Individuals from Harm and Abuse

  • Your line manager/supervisor can provide ongoing support and advice with regards to safeguarding adults and children
  • Your terms and conditions of service and job description spell out what is expected of you with regards to protecting individuals from harm and abuse
  • Active’s safeguarding policy and procedure and agreed ways of working (including the client’s person centred support plan)
  • The adult safeguarding and child safeguarding and protection units/teams in local authorities coordinate the investigation of abuse and are also there to advise and support those who report a concern. This may include advising you to liaise with the police or Care Quality Commission’s contact person.
  • Active/ The coordinating local authority will run courses which you must attend/complete in order to fulfil your training requirements about how you must follow the agreed inter-agency joint safeguarding procedures
  • Social Care Institute for Excellence (SCIE): this organisation aims to provide care by researching and analysing care practice to find out and share which strategies work best www.scie.org.uk/
  • Care Quality Commission (CQC): the independent regulator CQC gives guidance on government policies
  • The internet can be a useful source of information. Be sure to use reputable websites and check the information you find.

Use to answer question 10.1k of the Care Certificate

very proud to be working with...