Summary of how Active ensure the Safeguarding of Adults
Active is committed to working within the West Yorkshire Multi-Agency Safeguarding Adults Policy and Procedures
To summarise, Active will:
- Take action to identify and prevent abuse from happening in a service.
- Respond appropriately when it is suspected that abuse has occurred or is at risk of occurring.
- Ensure that Government and local guidance about safeguarding people from abuse is accessible to all staff and put into practice.
- Make sure that the use of restraint is always appropriate, reasonable, proportionate and justifiable to that individual.
- Only use de-escalation or restraint in a way that respects dignity and protects human rights, and where possible respects the preferences of people who use services.
- Understand how diversity, beliefs and values of people who use services may influence the identification, prevention and response to safeguarding concerns.
- Protect others from the negative effect of any behaviour by people who use services.
- Where applicable, only use Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards when it is in the best interests of the person who uses the service and in accordance with the Mental Capacity Act 2005.