Daycare Opportunities Adults with Learning Disabilities
Active has worked closely with its Club members to develop a relevant, inclusive and affordable day care service.
The Clubs offer a range of both high energy and relaxing social activities as well as educational, volunteering and work-related opportunities.
The service has proved popular and is growing fast. The Bases currently used are:
Newsome 384 Newsome Road, Huddersfield, HD4 6LR – Monday to Sunday
Dewsbury (rented public building) 7 George Street, Dewsbury, WF13 2LX – Monday – Wednesday
Rawthorpe (rented public building) 1 St James Way, Rawthorpe, Huddersfield, HD5 9NG – Thursday
We have plans to develop services in additional locations in the future.
Our activities include the following:
- Aromatherapy, Foot Spa & Nails (Newsome only)
- PlayStation (Newsome only)
- Swimming and hydrotherapy
- Celebrating National and Local Events and Festivals
- Musical Instruments (Newsome only)
The service is aimed at people who have a learning disability including:
- Complex health needs
- Autistic spectrum conditions or traits
- Sensory impairments
- Additional physical disabilities
If you require any further information, please either contact us on 01484 534400, or alternatively email firstname.lastname@example.org